So we’re roughly one month in. Wow, that was fast…
I still haven’t come with with a good title. I don’t know, it’ll probably just come to me one day (kind of like how I got the title for Don’t Panic). Hopefully that’ll happen soon, I’m tired of this “Puzzle Platformer” nonsense.
Anyway, it was a productive week of work. The main challenge that I finally overcame was adding moving platforms and ironing out any bugs / glitches that arose from them or the other level elements (“jump-pads”, treadmills, etc…) As of right now everything is bug free and works perfectly.
- Moving platforms added and debugged.
- Ironed out the performance of other level elements like “jump-pads” and treadmills.
- Buttons & doors added.
- Spike-launchers added.
- More particle additions & fixes (both for bugs and performance).
- Many a bugs fixed and other small tweaks.
- Add more things for buttons to control.
- Make spikes more forgivable somehow (as of now, they kill players much too easily).
- Add randomized elements to levels just for decoration purposes.
- Work on and implement first menus.
So that’s it. Sorry for the short update this week (as well as lack of screenshots, nothing new-enough to show yet). Next week will be better.
(Or not, I may have just out right lied to you.)