This is amazing. I haven’t missed a weekly game update post in like a month. That’s gotta be some kind of a record.
I feel really good about this past week. I’m still spending nearly half of my “work time” getting out sitelocks for Don’t Panic, but I’m still getting a good amount of work done on Defective. The progress completed only jumped from 8% to 12%, but that’s not really that bad at all.
- Character movement completed.
- Character’s can now shoot, particle effects and all.
- Character’s take damage and their health is affected. When they are killed they explode into a bunch of particles.
- Added foundation to allow level’s to read from vectors/arrays in order to build/blit the levels.
- Characters collide with walls accurately. (Also designed 3 different wall blocks.)
- HUD functions properly.
- Miscellaneous tweaks and optimizations.
- Add explosive blocks that can detonate and destroy/hurt the walls/characters around them.
- Have the level read from an XML file/ByteArray and build the level accordingly.
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy…
Well that’s it for this week. I’d love to get a video up some time this week of some gameplay just so you guys can get a peek at how it looks in action.
So yeah, that’s it.
Go away now.