Stuff got done this past week. Not a lot of stuff, but a good amount of stuff.
Alright, this past week has been a lot of Flash work. However, not all of it was related to Defective. Believe it or not, I’m still working on Don’t Panic. (As in, re-branding the game and selling non-exclusive licenses.) This took up a good amount of time, but I did find some to get some progress done on Defective. (For those interested, I’m going to write up a post-mortem on Don’t Panic as soon as I’m done with all the sitelocks.)
- Programmed basic movement and shooting for the Player. (However, there is an annoying bug I discovered which needs fixing.)
- Designed and implemented the HUD (Heads Up Display).
- Re-tweaked the background to be much simpler, it looks great with the parallax movement of the stars.
- Implemented an optimized particle system.
- Finish tweaking the basic movement of the Player. (And fix that bug.)
- Make the player shoot (design a bullet, code the Bullet classes, utilize the particle system for a bullet muzzle/trail effect).
Yes, that’s right. Just one picture.
In Other News…
- I’m writing this at 9:00am on Saturday morning. Chances are I got at least one of those “To Do” items done by the time this is live.
- Why am I writing this so early then? Family is over today, so I won’t have time to do it later.
- I also won’t have time to do it later (or tomorrow morning for that fact) because of the 8th FGL Developer Competition that begins at 1:00pm EDT today. The challenge is to develop a game in 24 hours given a specific theme. I’m really looking forward to it, not just so I can win (which I will), but to see how fast I can work if I really needed to. Plus at the end of it I might have a good enough game to get sponsored.
- Don’t Panic has been released on AddictingGames.com. I’m really excited about this since AddictingGames is one of the biggest game sites out there.
- I’ve been waiting for Kongregate.com to get back to me regarding a non-exclusive license purchase, but since it seems they’re passing on it, I’ll be uploading Don’t Panic there on Monday. Expect a post telling you to go vote 5 there when the game goes live ;).