Things are coming along very nicely.
It’s been a few weeks since my last update, partly because I only want to post updates when something significant has been accomplished (and also because I procrastinate). The game is really taking shape and as of right now level pack 1 is completely finished (besides any future tweaking here and there).
Here’s a recent gameplay video I recorded the other day showing some of level pack 1 as well as the first boss (named Parasite).
Since the last update:
- All levels for level pack 1 have been created and added.
- The first boss was designed and added.
- Traps were added (TNT crates, shock pads) – more to be added later.
- Race-end menus were added showing the race results and purchasable car upgrades.
- Music and sounds were added.
- Currently working on designing bosses 2, 3, and 4 (Urchin, Python, and Warlord).
- Tons of little fixes and tweaks.
Next up on the to-do list:
- The biggest thing on my to-do list is to design the tiles for level pack 2 (a beach-type level) and start building the levels.
- After that I also need to do the same for level packs 3 and 4.
- Add more level traps as well as some level “perks” (speed pads, jumps).
- Loads of small tweaks and fixes I have written down.
Another part of my to-do list is to start getting the word out a little. That’s a little new to me (never had to do it much with web games, they’d kinda just spread along the internet on their own) so it should be interesting.
So that’s it for now. I’m thinking in a few weeks this game should really be taking its final shape. Definitely looking forward to it.