Oh boy, sorry for the lateness of this post. I don’t know what it’s been, but I’ve just felt really unmotivated and overall pretty crappy for the past few days. I got a ton of work done over the weekend, but once Sunday afternoon hit, I just didn’t want to do anything but watch TV and decompose. I think I’m snapping out of it, but enough with that, let’s get this update started.
According to my header up there, the game was 75% complete as of this time last week and currently stands at 83%. That is an 8% improvement in just 1 week. That’s the same as the 8% improvement from last week. Fascinating, I know. As the game gets closer to completion, the percentage will only increase smaller and smaller amounts (since it’s easier to gauge how much work is left as development nears the end.)
Alright, let’s get into the details.
- Complete main menu. (Completed – In fact, check out an image of it here.)
- Add level beginning /ending menus. (Completed.)
- Begin creating store / upgrade menu. (Completed – The Store menu is completed finished, the upgrade menu still needs some work.)
- Add more levels. (Somewhat completed – Only added one more level, and it was primarily just to test if the game can move smoothly from one level to the other.)
- Complete upgrade menu.
- Add all other levels (includes a rough idea of the amount of enemies and types of enemies spawned in each level as well as customized beginning/end menus).
- Start animating the beginning/end cutscenes.
- Start looking for music.
- Start writing down some ideas for the two boss battles. I already have a few ideas, but I need to get them more solid.
- Get the game on FlashGameLicense.com for some First Impressions, then modify the game accordingly.
This game is taking a lot longer than I originally intended. In fact, I expected the game to be done and released right about now when I first started. However, at the rate things are moving, I’d bet the game will be completed by the end of February and will be released sometime in March (probably late-March).