Week 5, already? Let’s get this going…
According to my header up there, the game was 67% complete as of this time last week and currently stands at 75%. That is an 8% improvement in just 1 week. That’s not as good as the 12% improvement from last week, but it’s not bad considering how fast the game is nearing the final stages in development.
Alright, let’s get into the details.
- Start the main menu design. (Completed, also began programming it.)
- Build more levels. (Not completed, but can begin any moment now.)
- Start inter-level menu design. (Not completed.)
- Start adding sound effects. (Completed, all that remains is some tweaking – making certain sounds louder, etc…)
- Added various miscellaneous tweaks.
- Complete main menu. (Involves coding of a global GameMenus class, a general MenuButton class, and other things.)
- Add level beginning /ending menus.
- Begin creating store / upgrade menu.
- Add more levels.
Nothing new to add, same as last week.
- The opening and ending cutscenes have to be planned out – possibly begin sketching out an animatic.
- Begin thinking up ideas for the two boss battles in the game – how the boss will act and his vulnerabilities.
- Start looking for music / possibly an artist for custom music.
That’s that. Sorry about not getting around to posting a video of some gameplay footage, I meant to do that some time this week but I honestly just never got around to it. Trying to find a decent screen capture program and a decent video editor program has always given me headaches in the past. I’ll try my best to get one up this week.
In other news, my birthday was on Tuesday. I’m apparently 20 years old now – which is incredibly weird to think about, but that’s okay.
So that’s that. I expect the game to be completed (at least 95%+) by February 20. At that point it’s just a matter of time until the sponsor bidding process ends. I’d guess a mid-March release date.
Well, that’s all from me today. Looking forward to the Super Bowl tonight. It sucks the Jet’s didn’t make it again, but that’s how it goes I guess.