Uh oh, this post appears to be about 10 hours late. Let’s get it over with already, shall we?
According to my header up there, the game was 55% complete as of this time last week and currently stands at 67%. That is a 12% improvement in just 1 week. That’s barely better than the 10% improvement from last week which is quite intriguing, being that I hadn’t touched the game until yesterday :D.
Alright, so let’s see what I did and didn’t accomplish…
- Finish programming player reinforcement AI. (Completed – Wasn’t as hard as I’d imagined (copy+paste from Christmas Defense) – though I still did learn a few things.)
- Start the main menu design. (Not completed.)
- Build more levels. (Not completed.)
- Start inter-level menu design (get “store” functionality working) (Not completed.)
- Start adding sound effects. (Not completed.)
- Found some minor bugs found and squished them – also made many minor tweaks.
- Did some 3D modeling for the turret bullet.
- Start the main menu design.
- Build more levels.
- Start inter-level menu design.
- Start adding sound effects.
- (Yeah, all basically what I was supposed to do this week.)
Nothing new to add, same as last week.
- The opening and ending cutscenes have to be planned out – possibly begin sketching out an animatic.
- Begin thinking up ideas for the two boss battles in the game – how the boss will act and his vulnerabilities.
- Start looking for music / possibly an artist for custom music.
And there we have it. I completed one task out of the five that I had listed for myself and the development progress still jumped up 12%. Am I cheating a little here? No, no I’m not. It just so happens that I definitely underestimated the difficulty in the programming of the friendly AI. Actually, that’s not true. It wasn’t so much difficult as it was just very tedious and annoying. Either way, I got it done.
Another reason for the lack of progress was due to me starting college last Monday. It was a very hectic first week and I’m pretty sure I have a solid schedule now so there shouldn’t be any more complaints.
Anyway, that’s it for now. Sorry if this appears a bit rushed (it’s because it is) but I’m just getting a little overwhelmed at the moment. Give it a day or so and I’ll be back to my good ol’ perky self.
Expect a quick video short of some gameplay footage possibly Tuesday or Wednesday.