Another week, another weekly game update. Here we go.
According to my header up there, the game was 45% complete as of this time last week and currently stands at 55%. That is a 10% improvement in just 1 week. That’s better than the 6% improvement from last week. (I’m hoping to bump this up to somewhere in the 60%+ range by tonight if I can get enough work done, however.)
Alright, so let’s see exactly what I got done on my “to-do” list that I created last week, shall we?
New screenshot, gasp!
- Program the flying enemy as well as design and program one more type of flying enemy. (Completed, even though the idea of flying enemies was removed, I did add another enemy. Enemy’s are basically done.)
- Give bullets some polish (trails, impact animations, etc). (Completed, well, maybe 95% completed, but good enough.)
- Begin programming the player’s reinforcement AI to do their particular job. (Half completed.)
- Draw and animate the player and his reinforcements in their top-down form. (Completed.)
- Start the menu design (simple 3D-programming involved). (Not completed.)
- Added some weather effects, attempting to optimize them for performance however.
- Other miscellaneous tweaks and optimizations.
- Finish programming player reinforcement AI.
- Start the main menu design.
- Build more levels.
- Start inter-level menu design (get “store” functionality working)
- Start adding sound effects.
- The opening and ending cutscenes have to be planned out – possibly begin sketching out an animatic.
- Begin thinking up ideas for the two boss battles in the game – how the boss will act and his vulnerabilities.
- Start looking for music / possibly an artist for custom music.
And that’s the end of the that. I think I got a lot of work done. Not as much as I would have liked, but I’ll take it.
The thing that sucks, however, is that college starts up for me again tomorrow. What does that mean? I’m not 100% sure yet. It’s not like I’m going to stop working on this project. If anything, progress might slow a little bit. Actually, for some reason, I find I sometimes work harder on my game projects during college semesters, I don’t know why though. So we’ll see.
In other news…
…Now that we all know what I’ll be doing later – excuse me if there’s no game dev progress made tonight.