Alright, one month later the “Weekly” Game Update’s are back. Let’s get back into it, shall we?
Alright, so I didn’t do a lot of work on the game this past week. All I’ve done since I’ve been home really is just build the foundation for a basic particle system that I can use for ship exhaust, bullet trails, explosions, etc. (So what I’m saying is, it technically took me over four weeks to create about three new classes and write a few lines of code, yeah…)
So, yeah, that’s what this Weekly Game Update will be about.
- Designed the player, though I think it’s going to go through a few revisions before it’s finalized.
- Noted down lot’s of gameplay ideas in my notebook, beginning to really flesh out the game.
- Built a basic particle system.
- Designed and applied a simple HUD. The design will have to be revised a few times, however.
- Create / revise some more graphics including the player, HUD, and other level elements.
- Optimize the particle system for speed and performance.
Yeah, I told you there would be pictures. Here are a few of the particle system as it is right now. (As it stands, it seems it can handle about 5,000 particles before lag sets in. I’m hoping to get that number up to 10,000 at least after I work on the optimization. (It’s all blitting.)
And yeah, that’s about it for this week. In case you missed any of the following:
- Check out the first ever tutorial post on this site. If I see people like it, I’ll definitely make more.
- Once again, Don’t Panic was uploaded to NewGrounds, if you want to help me out, go vote 5 real quick!
Alright, I’m gonna go chill and whatnot.