What a lovely
Friday Sunday this is. Yep, it’s certainly Friday Sunday and not Friday Friday at the time of this writing.
Alright, fine, you caught me. I’m writing this post two days early because right now I’m currently doing something vacation-like down (or up) in Ocean City, Maryland. It’s annual family-vacation week so that’s about that on that. I’m going to try my hardest to barely even go online but I’m 100% sure I’ve already failed at that. Moving on…
Even though I’m making this post earlier in the week, I still got a decent amount of stuff down. I’m pretty much done with actual game-work. Like the “game” part of the game. I’m working more on menu’s and stuff like that now though I do still have to program the three bosses as well as actually design and build the 11 other levels.
There weren’t any pictures last week so here’s a few this week. I would’ve liked to get a video, but this week wasn’t a good time.
- Got achievements working and implemented most of them.
- Designed, built, and implemented what’s going to more-than-likely be Level 1.
- Added numerous menus and programmed their functionality:
- Level Select Menu
- Level Completion Menu
- Achievements (for in-game) Menu
- Achievements (for at Level Select) Menu
- The menus can now be navigated through with a mouse or keyboard.
- Programmed a snazzy distortion effect onto the buttons.
- Made / tweaked some graphics for the game.
- Tweaked the AI and optimized certain areas for better performance.
- Designed the three bosses.
- Added more sound effects.
- Miscellaneous tweaks and fixes.
- Build more levels (at least 3 more + the first boss level).
- Program at least one of the bosses.
- Save / load functionality.
I probably won’t get much done next week since I’ll be away until Thursday. I’ll probably work on the game Friday onward just because I’ll be itching to get back into it, but I don’t know how much I’ll be able to get done.
Anyway, that’s it for this week.