So nothing got done this week. Deal with it.
I’d love to end it right there, but I can’t. It’s some OCD thing I have where I have to make one of these damn posts every Sunday. Let’s get on with it.
There’s not much to say here. As I’m sure those of you who read these posts know, I was away on vacation last week. I got back Thursday night and didn’t even open / think about Flash or FlashDevelop the whole time. However I did get some things done yesterday in a two-hour period of coding I did.
- Saving / loading works completely.
- Fixed up the “cleaning up” (memory) when a level ends.
- Fixed an annoying issue where characters could get somewhat stuck in a wall corner.
- Build more levels (at least 3 more + the first boss level).
- Program at least one of the bosses.
And that’s it for this week. Next week will be semi-normal in terms of progress, there are a few personal things that I think are going to eat up my time, and then the week after college starts up again.
Super Happy Fun-Time Bonus Stuff!
For the pathetic lack of content in this post, I suppose I’ll try to fill it up with some link love.
- RidTheWorld.org –
RidBrandon’s site of nonsense. He’s a good friend of mine and is in the process of finishing an Alan Wake tribute animation he’s been working on. Undoubtedly his best work to date.
- Treasure Adventure Game – This is an indie game in progress that I came across this past week and it looks awesome. I’m honestly looking forward to playing this game as if it was a console game.
- Notch Livestream – I spent most of Saturday just watching Notch (Minecraft’s Notch) working on his game entry for the 48 hour Ludum Dare competition. It was very interesting, and I’m assuming he’ll be live today too.
- Minecraft Parody #14,210 – It still made me laugh, and the video / animation quality is outstanding.
- Cat Video #5,294,852 – It made me laugh even harder.