So things are coming down the home stretch, just wanted to give an update on where things stand as of today.
What got done?
- Fixed up the text/graphics to look better at lower resolutions (the iPhone 4 resolution is the minimum resolution (960 x 640) I was looking to support). While lower resolutions (800 x 480) look okay as well, I doubt anyone will be doing any serious work with an app like this on devices that small.
- Got a more efficient animated .gif encoder implemented. I was finally able to get something working that is cross-platform, fast, produces quality images, and doesn’t eat up memory while working. My solution is a bit of a Frankenstein of multiple code sources online but with my tweaks it works very efficiently.
- Finished the app icons after many iterations of attempts.
- Loads of minor additions, tweaks, and fixes.
What needs to get done?
- Implement functionality to import Pivot-made .stk files. I’ve received the OK from Peter Bone and will hopefully have this feature implemented tomorrow.
- Add Google Services.
- Test the hell out of everything.
So as you can see, there’s not much left on the to-do list. After weeks of crossing one thing off and adding two more, that’s a beautiful sight.
That’s it – things are wrapping up nicely. Barring any unforeseen huge, crippling bugs being discovered I’d say a July release date is looking very reasonable.